Galatians/Mark parallels: God, mother and son, flesh and blood, Gentiles, and the lesser James

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
gryan

Galatians/Mark parallels: God, mother and son, flesh and blood, Gentiles, and the lesser James

Post by gryan »

Galatians/Mark parallels:
God, mother and son, flesh and blood/the lesser James, Gentiles

Galatians 1:15-16...19
But when the [One] who separated me from the womb of my mother (ὁ ἀφορίσας με ἐκ κοιλίας μητρός μου) having called me by his grace to reveal His Son (ἀποκαλύψαι τὸν Υἱὸν αὐτοῦ) in me
so that I might preach Him among the Gentiles,

I did not immediately consult in the sphere of flesh and blood (σαρκὶ καὶ αἵματι)...
James the Lord's brother

Mark 15:39-40
But when the centurion, who was standing opposite of Him,
saw the way He breathed His last,
he said, "Truly this man was the Son of God!" (Ἀληθῶς οὗτος ὁ ἄνθρωπος Υἱὸς Θεοῦ ἦν)

There were also women looking on from a great distance (ἀπὸ μακρόθεν), among whom were Mary Magdalene, and
Mary the mother of the lesser James and of Joses
(Μαρία ἡ Ἰακώβου τοῦ μικροῦ καὶ Ἰωσῆτος μήτηρ)
and Salome.

Pondering.
Last edited by gryan on Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
schillingklaus

Re: Galatians/Mark parallels: God, mother and son, flesh and blood, Gentiles, and the lesser James

Post by schillingklaus »

That's because both of them are late reckless forgeries and piecemeal.
gryan

Re: Galatians/Mark parallels: God, mother and son, flesh and blood, Gentiles, and the lesser James

Post by gryan »

gryan wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:42 am Mark 15:39-40
he said, "Truly this man was the Son of God!" (Ἀληθῶς οὗτος ὁ ἄνθρωπος Υἱὸς Θεοῦ ἦν)
Re: ὁ ἐξ ἐναντίας

Mark 15:39
the centurion, the [one] standing opposite (ὁ... ἐξ ἐναντίας) of Him

Titus 2:7-8
In everything, show yourself to be an example by doing good works. In your teaching show integrity, dignity, and wholesome speech that is above reproach, so that the [one] opposite (ὁ ἐξ ἐναντίας) of us will be ashamed, having nothing bad to say about us.
gryan

Post by gryan »

Re: γυναῖκες ἀπὸ μακρόθεν

Mark 15:40
There were also women from a distance (γυναῖκες ἀπὸ μακρόθεν) looking on,
among whom were Mary Magdalene, and
and Salome.

Luke 23:47-49
When the centurion saw what had happened, he gave glory to God, saying, “Surely this was a righteous man.” And when all the people who had gathered for this spectacle saw what had happened,
they returned home beating their breasts.
but all those who knew him stood
from a distance, and women (ἀπὸ μακρόθεν, καὶ γυναῖκες),
those who did follow him from Galilee, beholding these things.
gryan

Post by gryan »

gryan wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:42 am Galatians/Mark parallels:
God, mother and son, flesh and blood/the lesser James, Gentiles

But when the [One] who separated me from the womb of my mother (ὁ ἀφορίσας με ἐκ κοιλίας μητρός μου) having called me by his grace to reveal His Son (ἀποκαλύψαι τὸν Υἱὸν αὐτοῦ) in me

I did not immediately consult in the sphere of flesh and blood (σαρκὶ καὶ αἵματι)...
James the Lord's brother

Mark 15:39-40

There were also women looking on from a great distance (ἀπὸ μακρόθεν), among whom were Mary Magdalene, and
(Μαρία ἡ Ἰακώβου τοῦ μικροῦ καὶ Ἰωσῆτος μήτηρ)
and Salome.

Pondering.

James the Lord's brother

----------------

I interpret "James the Lord's brother" as the "flesh and blood" brother of "His Son" (i.e. the Son of "the [One]") revealed "in" the apostle to the Gentiles. So, the apostle did not consult in the sphere of the flesh and blood of "His Son" immediately, but rather, he did so after three years.