“Hosanna in the highest heaven!”: a reference to the crucifixion in outer space?

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Giuseppe

“Hosanna in the highest heaven!”: a reference to the crucifixion in outer space?

Post by Giuseppe »

Matthew 21:9:
“Hosanna in the highest heaven!”

...when read in parallel with John 13:14 and 12:34, and 12:32,

John 13:14
Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up,

34 The crowd spoke up, “We have heard from the Law that the Messiah will remain forever, so how can you say, ‘The Son of Man must be lifted up’? Who is this ‘Son of Man’?”

John 12:32
32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.”

...could be originally understood as a reference to a celestial crucifixion, in outer space.

An euhemerization would be in action, here!
Giuseppe

Re: “Hosanna in the highest heaven!”: a reference to the crucifixion in outer space?

Post by Giuseppe »

Hosannah means not "glory to..." but "come in help of us".
Accordingly, it makes more sense if it is intepreted as a reference to the crucifixion, rather than to a triumphal entry.

But then I remember that the Psalm talks about the archontes being defeated when they are obliged to open the celestial gates of the heaven.

Psalm 23:7-9
Lift up your gates, O ye archontes, and be ye lifted up, O eternal gates: and the King of Glory shall enter in. Who is this King of Glory?

And obviously 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 mentions the same archontes crucifiying the Lord of glory.
Giuseppe

Re: “Hosanna in the highest heaven!”: a reference to the crucifixion in outer space?

Post by Giuseppe »

The curious resurrection account in the Gospel of Peter (10.39–42) makes it clear, even for outsiders, that the crucifixion was really a cosmic crucifixion, 'lifting up' Jesus to the highest heaven.
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

Hence it would be too much reductive and naive to interpret the "hosannah in the highest heaven" as a mere welcome addressed to a davidic messiah, during his triumphal entry in the earthly Jerusalem.

Just as it would be equally naive to interpret the prophecy about the Son of Man being "lifted up" as a banal reference to the ascension.

Both the references appear to derive from a common source where the "lifting up" and the "hosanna in the highest heaven" were both referred to the same cosmic event, in the same time a crucifixion and an ascension.

In outer space.
schillingklaus

Post by schillingklaus »

This underscores that Jesus was Adonai Sabaoth before he was judaized and euhemerized further into the messiah.
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

הושיעה אנא
lsayre

Post by lsayre »

schillingklaus wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:39 am This underscores that Jesus was Adonai Sabaoth before he was judaized and euhemerized further into the messiah.
Adonai Sabaoth = Lord of the armies
https://weekly.israelbiblecenter.com/wh ... s-sabaoth/

To Roman eyes this might be conceived as "Leader of the brigands (or bandits)". Seems rather appropriate for what might have been a real human Jesus of that era. Josephus seemed to infer that Galilee was infested with brigands.
John T

Post by John T »

Giuseppe wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:28 am Matthew 21:9:

Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up,

34 The crowd spoke up, “We have heard from the Law that the Messiah will remain forever, so how can you say, ‘The Son of Man must be lifted up’? Who is this ‘Son of Man’?”

...could be originally understood as a reference to a celestial crucifixion, in outer space.

I can't verify your source. Please double check (correct) biblical references.

John 13:14 "So if I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet."

Teacher and messiah are two very different things just like heaven and outer space.

Got to keep them separated.
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

John T wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:46 am
Giuseppe wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:28 am Matthew 21:9:

I can't verify your source. Please double check (correct) biblical references.

John 13:14 "So if I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet."

Teacher and messiah are two very different things just like heaven and outer space.

Got to keep them separated.
my verse is 3:14. It is easy as mistake, isn't it?

P.s.: I don't see traces of a teacher in the earliest sources.
John T

Post by John T »

Giuseppe wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:53 am my verse is 3:14. It is easy as mistake, isn't it?

Yes, I hoped so, no problem with that.

Still, with that out of the way, it doesn't explain your persistent conflation with heaven and an outer space crucifixion of Jesus. It is as if your searching for a way to invalidate the historical and human Jesus. It simply doesn't work. Especially if you take the time to learn Enochic Judaism (Dead Sea Scrolls) you would understand what Jesus was really referring to. No mystery, no outer space crucifixion.
Just an off-shoot Judaic religion based on the metaphysics of Plato.