here are comments from NG's blog

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
JoeWallack

Re: here are comments NG deleted from his blog

Post by JoeWallack »

neilgodfrey wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:40 pm You said all of your comments were deleted and you posted them here. That was the title of your thread.

You never saw all of them deleted. Never. You assumed I was deleting your words for some unsavoury reason and came straight here to declare your falsehood.

Apologize.
How do you keep a Polack in suspense?
StephenGoranson

Post by StephenGoranson »

I already replied to NG. Here is that reply, to which I have added, not subtracted, more words in [[square brackets]].
I wrote what I had reason to think was accurate. That is no lie. [[still no lie]]
If [[if]] the claim that no such comments were deleted [[were true]]--
though some claims may not be trustworthy [[and some claims I regard as not trustworthy, though I have not always disagreed with NG nor RG, and gave an example of the latter]]--
I was mistaken.
[[And apologize.]]

R. Gmirkin Vridar-blog-commented, 2022-10-03 21:24:27 GMT+0000 at 21:24:
"Yes, the replacement of earlier national memories based mostly on oral traditions was replaced by a new official national memory in the form of the Hebrew Bible in 270 BCE and thereafter. This took place exactly according to the literary agenda laws out in Plato’s Laws.

But note that a handful of written sources existed from earlier times: the royal annals of Judah and Israel, authentic prophetic oracles (Haggai) and some Persian Era official correspondence (Ezra) preserved in the temple. Possibly a few psalms and proverbs. Not a lot. I have also written about in various books and articles which you should track down and read. I don’t believe you have read Plato and the Creation of the Hebrew Bible in which many of these issues were extensively discussed."

[[SG:]]
So--now--[[hyphens changed to dashes]] instead of claiming that the first five books of Hebrew Bible "were composed in their entirety about 273-272 BCE" in Alexandria, and that other TaNaK books were later, RG is starting to accept the reality that some Bible writings are older than c. 273-272.
That is a change well worth underlining.

[[IMO, a more important matter--and not unrelated to past NG/SG exchanges; for one example the repeated claim that I had not copied out of necessity from a personal loan, read, and recycled a RG 2006 book--is the c.273-272 proposal as misrepresentation of the peoples and history of Judaea/Samaria/Israel.]]
neilgodfrey

Post by neilgodfrey »

StephenGoranson wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:59 am I already replied to NG. Here is that reply, to which I have added, not subtracted, more words in [[square brackets]].
You subtracted the very point I am calling you to account over. Here is what you wrote:
here are comments NG deleted from his blog
That is what you wrote. That is the thread you started. It was an attempt to smear me by asserting something you did not see -- you never saw those comments you copied deleted from my blog (except, you say, for one of them that was temporarily blanked, presumably, I point out, because I was in the process of changing its status from "waiting moderation" to "publish").

You have admitted you only saw one comment momentarily disappear from view. You never saw the other comments disappear from view even for a moment. You came here to smear my name with the accusation that I had deleted all your comments, implying I was dishonestly disallowing critical views on my blog.

And now you want me to forget all of that -- the smearing of my name by means of falsehood means nothing to you.

Do apologize.
Stuart

Re: here are comments from NG's blog

Post by Stuart »

Where are the Mods?

Were I a mod I would have frozen this thread after the first post. It was only meant to stir up a personal feud. Now we are four pages on. Yeesh.
dbz

Post by dbz »

Stuart wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:00 pm Now we are four pages on. Yeesh.
I am getting an eight-track flashback to 2012 :clap:
Ehrman—Carrier

• Ehrman, Bart D. (20 March 2012). "Did Jesus Exist?". HuffPost.
‣ Carrier, Richard (21 March 2012). "Ehrman Trashtalks Mythicism". Richard Carrier Blogs.
• Ehrman, Bart D. (21 April 2012). "Richard Carrier on The Huffington Post Article (1)". The Bart Ehrman Blog.

• Ehrman, Bart D (19 March 2012). Did Jesus Exist?: The Historical Argument for Jesus of Nazareth. HarperCollins–HarperOne. ISBN 9780062206442.
‣ Carrier, Richard (19 April 2012). "Ehrman on Jesus: A Failure of Facts and Logic". Richard Carrier Blogs.
• Ehrman, Bart D. (22 April 2012). "Acharya S, Richard Carrier, and a Cocky Peter (Or: “A Cock and Bull Story”)". The Bart Ehrman Blog (reproduced: "Author Bart Ehrman post". Facebook).
‣ Fincke, Daniel (22 April 2012). "Ehrman Evades Carrier's Criticisms". Camels With Hammers.

• Hoffmann, R. Joseph (23 April 2012). "Mythtic Pizza and Cold-cocked Scholars". The New Oxonian.
• Ehrman, Bart D. (24 April 2012). "Response to Carrier". The Bart Ehrman Blog.
‣ Carrier, Richard (27 April 2012). "Ehrman's Dubious Replies (Round One)". Richard Carrier Blogs.

• Ehrman, Bart D. (25 April 2012). "Fuller Reply to Richard Carrier". The Bart Ehrman Blog.
‣ Carrier, Richard (29 April 2012). "Ehrman's Dubious Replies (Round Two)". Richard Carrier Blogs.
‣ Carrier, Richard (24 July 2012). "Ehrman on Historicity Recap". Richard Carrier Blogs.

• Ehrman, Bart D. (21 April 2014). "Attacks from the Other Side: An Ill-Tempered Richard Carrier". The Bart Ehrman Blog.
• Ehrman, Bart D. (3 May 2014) ap. "Bart Ehrman Freedom From Religion Foundation Lecture". YouTube. Scott Burdick. 13 August 2014.
‣ Carrier, Richard (11 July 2014). "On Bart Ehrman Being Pot Committed". Richard Carrier Blogs.

• Ehrman, Bart D. (18 February 2016) ap. "Bart Ehrman at Fresno City College". YouTube. Paul Gilmore. 20 April 2016.
‣ Carrier, Richard (25 April 2016). "Bart Ehrman Just Can't Do Truth or Logic". Richard Carrier Blogs.

• Ehrman, Bart D. (21 October 2016) ap. "Dr. Robert Price & Dr. Bart Ehrman Debate: Did Jesus Exist?". YouTube. Mythinformed. 21 March 2017.
‣ Carrier, Richard (25 October 2016) ap. "Did Jesus Exist? Price/Ehrman Debate- Who Won? Who's Next?". YouTube. Mythinformed. 5 November 2016.
‣ Carrier, Richard (28 October 2016). "The Ehrman-Price Debate". Richard Carrier Blogs.
‣ Carrier, Richard (6 October 2018) ap. "Richard Carrier Vs Bart Erhman: Did Jesus Exist? (Re-edited)". YouTube. MythVision Podcast. 24 November 2018.
neilgodfrey

Post by neilgodfrey »

StephenGoranson wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:59 am I already replied to NG. Here is that reply, to which I have added, not subtracted, more words in [[square brackets]].
I wrote what I had reason to think was accurate. That is no lie.
Under the heading "here are comments NG deleted from his blog" you listed all your comments on my blog. You have admitted you did not see all those comments deleted. You have since tried to put the blame on me because one of the comments was only momentarily removed as I changed its status to PUBLISHED.

That is not a "REASON" to think I had deleted all those comments you claimed I deleted.

Your claim that I deleted all your comments was not based on what you saw and certainly not on "Reason".

Now I see you have removed the word "Deleted" from the heading of this thread without comment -- and without an apology.*

You are not a nice person, Goranson. Nor an honest one. I request that you refrain from replying to any and all of my future comments on this forum.

[[your earlier double square bracketed "apology" in response to what you called a "mistake" with reference to your attempt to blame me for momentarily causing just one comment to be removed from view as I changed its status to Published is not acceptable]].
StephenGoranson

Post by StephenGoranson »

NG wrote on his blog addressing me, SG:
"There is no place for you here."

Now, just above, he endeavored to silence my comments also here.
The list owner has that authority, not NG.

To be brief, my main concern in several of these exchanges is less about NG's various dissatisfactions, but about his
full support for an odious (c. 273-272) claim of that ancient Jewish history was "erased."