New Photos for My Clement Book

All other informal historical discussion, ancient or modern, falls here. This includes the topics of Islam, Buddhism, and other religious traditions.
Secret Alias

Re: New Photos for My Clement Book

Post by Secret Alias »

The more perfect something becomes the more it seems to be generic. Just a fact of life. That's why the best sex in the world is with a high class call girl. She just has to keep her mouth shut to prevent ruining the experience of being in the presence of generic beauty. The less human it is, the more it takes on the quality of the angelic. Just open the door. You can always say no and leave. Over and over again. Until the right image comes out of the AI generator. What's the difference with a human creator? Human creation is the same way. For ever 99 bad songs one comes up that's any good. People ignore the effect of randomness in their lives in favor of the myth of fate.

The "real" Frank Sinatra couldn't have done a better cover after he was 50 (around the time of the live at the Sands recording). That's why Dolly Parton is worried. It's the end of the artist. The democratization of the arts.

The lazy fucks like me can rule the world through technology. No need to go to art school. Just patience and an eye for beauty. Not everyone has it.
billd89

Re: Inverting Reality

Post by billd89 »

These videos aren't 100% "AI-generated"; it's more like a masking effect.
* Exactly 34 years ago, I was in rehab with Johnny Cash.

Secret Alias wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:41 am The more perfect something becomes the more it seems to be generic. Just a fact of life. ...

But look again. The chest musculature is unreal, not "perfect." (If you're fooled by duplicitous simulacra, I question your understanding of reality: what you call 'perfection' is probably cosmetic nose-jobs and boob-jobs and ass-jobs which leave the victim looking like the Phantom of the Opera in a decade or so. Blech. The correct word is 'travesty'!)
See the garbage text? Nonsense (machine-generated gibberish) is certainly the opposite of perfection. And that's how wrong you are, too.
The lazy fucks like me can rule the world through technology. No need to go to art school. Just patience and an eye for beauty. Not everyone has it.
And so you will be ruled by the technology, soon, not merely dependent on it for shits-n-giggles. AI will mindfuck you, bro.

Oh well. Humanity is befucked.
DCHindley

Re: New Photos for My Clement Book

Post by DCHindley »

Secret Alias wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:18 pm I am quite enamoured with this one:

Well someone has gone crazy with the "color" settings. It makes them seem so ... mmm. busy. Too busy for me.

This one reminds me of these Hindu posters of Vishnu or Krishna, where these god(s) various incarnations spring forth at once. "Oh look, mom, it's Shiva!" "There's Krishna as a goatherd! Why is he blue?" "Its all just avatars, my child."
billd89

"Design a First Century synagogue mosaic of the Zodiac"

Post by billd89 »

Here's the real deal (maybe 2nd C.), which most reasonably informed readers can grokk (e.g. 12 distinct Symbols, all known).

Another real example:

Bing! Can't your read the Hebrew lol
For Dall-E, the Zodiac is apparently an incomprehensible unity of twelve very distinct ideograms (symbols), only one of which is imaginary (Capricorn is a Sea-Goat); breaking all the rules, however, Dall-E creates a bestiary of spare-parts chimeras.
Attachments
_10505f27-cea5-48d6-a2c1-b1cb979a012f.jpg
_10505f27-cea5-48d6-a2c1-b1cb979a012f.jpg (429.6 KiB) Viewed 2964 times
billd89

Re: The Translator

Post by billd89 »

Secret Alias wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:41 amThe lazy fucks like me can rule the world through technology. No need to go to art school. Just patience and an eye for beauty. Not everyone has it.
Legit! So any "traveler" is an interpreter now: how many Lonely Planets do you still own, ergo languages do you speak?

Comedy gold: "admitted he was schizophrenic ... and he was having visions* during the ceremony."
(*Angels! Americans are so down with that, tho.)