Georgia Guidestones demolished

All other informal historical discussion, ancient or modern, falls here. This includes the topics of Islam, Buddhism, and other religious traditions.

Moderator: JoeWallack

John T

Re: Georgia Guidestones demolished

Post by John T »

Yet, you still can't denounce left-wing terrorists?

Got it!

That will be all, you are dismissed bild89.

Sad, so sad.
ABuddhist

Post by ABuddhist »

John T wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:35 am
billd89 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:03 pm Wiki is much more informative:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones

It was a kooky DIY 'libertarian' project, lasting 40yrs. It wasn't Rosicrucian, however.
Your guess is as good as anyone else's except for the fact that libertarians are against all forms of government, especially world governments.
You are conflating libertarians and anarchists.
John T

Post by John T »

ABuddhist wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:10 am

It was a kooky DIY 'libertarian' project, lasting 40yrs. It wasn't Rosicrucian, however.
Your guess is as good as anyone else's except for the fact that libertarians are against all forms of government, especially world governments.
Please explain why ABuddhist can't condemn left-wing terrorists that fire bomb pro-life organizations?

Have you no sense of shame because the thrill you get from trolling is a trade-off that you are o.k. with?

Sad, so sad.
ABuddhist

Post by ABuddhist »

John T wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:07 pm
ABuddhist wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:10 am

Please explain why ABuddhist can't condemn left-wing terrorists that fire bomb pro-life organizations?

Have you no sense of shame because the thrill you get from trolling is a trade-off that you are o.k. with?

Sad, so sad.
I am, as a matter of fact, opposed to abortion as a result of my Buddhist faith and my Buddhist scriptures, which explicitly define abortion as killing and as a bad deed - something which the Christians' scriptures do not do. Even if I were not, I would oppose left-wing terrorists who firebomb pro-life organizations.

But why did you assume that I would not condemn such actions? Why assume that I have no sense of shame? Why assume that I am trolling? And why assume that I get a thrill from trolling?
John T

Post by John T »

ABuddhist wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:56 pm

I am, as a matter of fact, opposed to abortion as a result of my Buddhist faith and my Buddhist scriptures, which explicitly define abortion as killing and as a bad deed - something which the Christians' scriptures do not do. Even if I were not, I would oppose left-wing terrorists who firebomb pro-life organizations.

But why did you assume that I would not condemn such actions? Why assume that I have no sense of shame? Why assume that I am trolling? And why assume that I get a thrill from trolling?
I would vs. I do oppose, are two different things. Another cop-out by troll ABuddhist but what else is new?

Wet, lather, rinse, and repeat.

You should probably delete your last post before your mythicist/atheist fake friends found out about it on this thread. You would likely be kicked out of their inner circle faster than an evangelist Christian in a mythicist cult meeting.

Just saying. :cheers:
ABuddhist

Post by ABuddhist »

John T wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:24 pm

I would vs. I do oppose, are two different things. Another cop-out by troll ABuddhist but what else is new?

You should probably delete your last post before your mythicist/atheist fake friends found out about it on this thread. You would likely be kicked out of their inner circle faster than an evangelist Christian in a mythicist cult meeting.

It is true that there is a distinction between "I would" and "I do", but I assumed that my expressing my opposition to abortion would also indicate that I do oppose left-wing violence against pro-life organizations. But I suppose that I cannot expect you to have such an understanding of words.

Why do you assume that my allegedly fake friends are mythicists/atheists? I am a Buddhist first and foremost, and my friends, who are outside this forum, are Buddhists.

In any case, this exchange of words has nothing to do with this thread's topic and seems to be a way for you to insult me.
John T

Post by John T »

Once again ABuddhist claims to be a moral Buddhist but his own words contradict himself. I have little doubt on some other forum he calls himself a moral Hindu or moral Muslim.

Trolls gotta troll and they go by many pseudonyms.
ABuddhist

Post by ABuddhist »

John T wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:22 pm

Once again ABuddhist claims to be a moral Buddhist but his own words contradict himself. I have little doubt on some other forum he calls himself a moral Hindu or moral Muslim.

Trolls gotta troll and they go by many pseudonyms.
Why do you believe that my words contradict my claim to be moral? If you are making such claims, the least you can do is cite the words which supposedly reveal me to be immoral.

As for the claim that I am only claiming to be a Buddhist, you have such paranoia, although it is sad.
John T

Post by John T »

ABuddhist wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:20 pm

Why do you believe that my words contradict my claim to be moral? If you are making such claims, the least you can do is cite the words which supposedly reveal me to be immoral.

As for the claim that I am only claiming to be a Buddhist, you have such paranoia, although it is sad.
Already have. Here, I will give you another chance.
1. Do you think it is immoral for left-wing terrorists to fire bomb the offices of pro-life groups?

2. Which of the four noble truths of Buddhism condemn left-wing terrorist bombings?

No more obfuscating, no word salads, no personal attacks against me, just answer the question honestly.
If English is a second language for you, just say you get confused with the meaning of simple words.
And yes, I already know which of the four noble truths the answer is found. If you need help finding it, just let me know.

:popcorn:
ABuddhist

Post by ABuddhist »

John T wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:40 am
ABuddhist wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:20 pm

Already have. Here, I will give you another chance.
1. Do you think it is immoral for left-wing terrorists to fire bomb the offices of pro-life groups?

2. Which of the four noble truths of Buddhism condemn left-wing terrorist bombings?

No more obfuscating, no word salads, no personal attacks against me, just answer the question honestly.
If English is a second language for you, just say you get confused with the meaning of simple words.
And yes, I already know which of the four noble truths the answer is found. If you need help finding it, just let me know.

:popcorn:
Many thanks for your patience.

I do think that it is immoral for left-wing terrorists to fire bomb the offices of pro-life groups. I also thought that it was immoral for left-wing terrorists to fire bomb the offices of pro-life groups during my previous interactions with you.

The noble truth within Buddhism which condemns left-wing terrorists for firebombing the offices of pro-life groups is the fourth noble truth, which claims that the way to the cessation of suffering is through following the 8-fold path. This is because the 8-fold path includes, as its fifth part, a requirement of right livelihood, which is defined in part as a prohibition against wrong livelihood. Wrong livelihood, in turn, is defined as avoiding causing suffering to sentient beings by cheating them or harming them or killing them in any way. Firebombing the offices of pro-life groups is harming people by denying to them a safe work environment. Another portion of the 8-fold path which could be used against supporting firebombing the offices of pro-life groups is the fourth part, right action, which is defined in part as a prohibition against wrong action. Wrong action, in turn, is defined in part as abstaining from killing and abstaining from stealing. Firebombing the offices of pro-life groups is stealing by taking from people a safe work environment. Firebombing the offices of pro-life groups may also be killing, depending upon the circumstances.