Georgia Guidestones demolished

All other informal historical discussion, ancient or modern, falls here. This includes the topics of Islam, Buddhism, and other religious traditions.
John T

Georgia Guidestones demolished

Post by John T »

The Georgia Guidestones a.k.a. "America's Stonehenge", were demolished this week after a suspicious early morning explosion that partly destroyed the granite structure.

First erected in 1980, the granite stones were the subject of much debate as to who made them. Documents hint it was paid for by a local Christian group, however, the message/warnings carved into the stones have very little to do with Christianity but rather the New World Order of the anti-Christ found in the book of Revelation. Some speculate it was paid for by atheist Ted Turner, the former media mogul of CNN. However, the message resembles that of Luciferians or more likely, the mystic group: Rosicrucians.

https://www.rosicrucian.org/

Below is a link with pictures of the former stones and the demonic message engraved in several different languages.

The Georgia Guidestones, dubbed "America's Stonehenge," are described by the Elberton Granite Finishing Corporation as a 19-foot set of granite monoliths that serve as an astronomical calendar and are engraved with a 10-part list of instructions regarding the conservation of mankind.

The text is written in eight contemporary languages — English, Spanish, Swahili, Hindi, Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese, and Russian — and four ancient languages — Babylonian cuneiform, Classical Greek, Sanskrit, and Egyptian Hieroglyphics. The text reads:

"Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
Guide reproduction wisely — improving fitness and diversity.
Unite humanity with a living new language.
Rule passion — faith — tradition — and all things with tempered reason.
Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
Balance personal rights with social duties.
Prize truth — beauty — love — seeking harmony with the infinite.
Be not a cancer on the Earth — Leave room for nature — Leave room for nature."
-Washington Examiner

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... -explosion
billd89

Re: Georgia Guidestones demolished

Post by billd89 »

Wiki is much more informative:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones

It was a kooky DIY 'libertarian' project, lasting 40yrs. It wasn't Rosicrucian, however.
John T

Post by John T »

billd89 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:03 pm Wiki is much more informative:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones

It was a kooky DIY 'libertarian' project, lasting 40yrs. It wasn't Rosicrucian, however.
Your guess is as good as anyone else's except for the fact that libertarians are against all forms of government, especially world governments.

The best bet is still the Rosicrucians who convinced Ted Turner to finance their project.

Kooky is as Ted Turner does.
billd89

Re: Terrorism in Georgia

Post by billd89 »

John T wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:35 am Your guess is as good as anyone else's except for the fact that libertarians are against all forms of government, especially world governments.

The best bet is still the Rosicrucians who convinced Ted Turner to finance their project.

No, the Guidestones' message doesn't advocate World Government. (The World Court/Permanent Court of International Justice goes back 100 years.) Ted Turner would not have funded nor had anything to do w/ this kind of low-rent personal 'libertarian' project. In fact, Ted Turner was a capitalist Republican in the 1970s.

Urban myth is b.s., chief.

TODAY 'libertarians' are not against all forms of government. People who call themselves 'libertarian' vote Trump, support crass* fascist-authoritarian pols, and spout insane drivel like Qanon "theory."

In 1980, the 'libertarians' (Christian Americans, in Georgia) who would bother to erect these insipid "Guidestones" would be simpler, less radicalized kooks. Nothing confirms the organizer was a Rosicrucian, but kooks I've known do read esoterica. It is far more likely they (plural) heard about a notorious 1978 novel by William Luther Pierce -- which had been serialized in print, circulating during the mid-1970s -- and offered their own mild response to that decade's White Patriot race-hysteria. Their ecological anxieties are also evident; maybe the project was inspired by a fear of nuclear annihilation.

Best bet is a "state college educated" husband and wife, with a friend or two pitching in (maybe) a few dollars or supportive words. This was an independent, DIY project of one or two Southern flakes who probably inherited a very small fortune c.1978 and decided to leave their mark in this odd, grandiose way. (By his description, "R.C. Christian" was ~65yo in 1980, thus born c.1915 and probably dead a few decades now.)

Seems harmless to me. But I support Free Speech, and this was done on private property. I'm a libertarian, too.

otoh: the perpetrators who bombed the site were what? Yes, 'libertarians' in the mindless parlance of our day: right-wing psychopaths, American terrorists and Xian race radicals (probably). I suppose someone is angry that Confederate monuments have been taken down -- so he'll show Jane Fonda what's what! Haters of freedom are known by their actions, these varmints will brag.

The BBC provides enough information to strongly suggest this bombing was conclusively right-wing. American taliban? No: just psychopathic randos entitled to violence (I suspect.)

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62073675
The Covid pandemic and the global vaccination programme gave a new boost to these conspiracies. Kandis Taylor, a losing candidate in Georgia's Republican gubernatorial primary, pledged to destroy the stones as part of her campaign.

News of the monument's demolition has been cheered in some online circles. Conspiracy theorist Alex Jones said he enjoyed the bombing of the stones "at an animal level", but added he would like them to stand as an "evil edifice" exposing depopulation plans.

See where urban myth goes in 2022. America has become polarized, mindlessly destructive, and hysterical. The Shame of it, frankly.

And in Nashville TN, security around Athena has heightened, because the Amerikkkan fundies' culture-war is ramping up. This really is more than just 'property damage' in fact. This bombing was an act of terrorism.

* That's a photo of Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-NC) - nude, with an inserted buttplug and racoon tail - humping his boyfriend's face, while being filmed (with others watching). Wow. Forget manufactured lies -- focus on the truth.
John T

Post by John T »

Sure why not?

In that vein, it could just as easily have been space aliens that planted it there like, "2001: A Space Odyssey". Of course these space aliens are right-wing psychopaths who are Trump supporters, no doubt. :cheeky:

Then again, the explosion could have been the wrath of God warning us that he will not let the left wing kook's ideology/religion and idol worshiping destroy his creation.

As for me, my bet is still on Ted Turner and the Rosicrucians.

But an act of terrorism? No more than when fascist Antifa burned down towns and murdered people in their stance against fascism and violence. The irony of it all. :facepalm:
billd89

Post by billd89 »

Ya, I figured you support the bombing.
Haters gunna hate ...
John T

Post by John T »

billd89 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:50 pm Ya, I figured you support the bombing.
Haters gunna hate ...
I condemn all terrorist bombings!

But what is your stance on the antifa bombings? Do you support the radical left's bombings against pro-life groups?

Why is it that the left feels that the bombings they commit are are always good but never the other way around?

Yes, I condemn terrorists bombings be it left or right, wish you believed the same.

Time for reflection?
billd89

Re: Creeping Fascism

Post by billd89 »

John T wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:35 amThe best bet is still the Rosicrucians who convinced Ted Turner to finance their project.

You quote a partisan organ which routinely publishes conspiracy theories. You express a queer local conspiracy theory and focus negatively on 'the liberal scapegoat' rather than the crime. In schadenfreude!

You can barely contain your satisfaction (glee?) at this act of domestic terrorism. I wonder if you feel the same way when a Jewish cemetery is vandalized? 'Just stones though.' How deplorable.

'Guidestone Paranoia' fits in neatly with Qanon garbage. You're also a Climate Change Denier AND a Birther? Color me shocked, then. You've played your hand here, chief.

It's 2022, America. Are you awake??? White masks don't 'hide' the truth -- white masks ARE the truth (i.e. who they are.)
John T

Re: Creeping Fascism

Post by John T »

billd89 wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:46 am
You quote a partisan organ which routinely publishes conspiracy theories. You express a queer local conspiracy theory and focus negatively on 'the liberal scapegoat' rather than the crime. In schadenfreude!

You can barely contain your satisfaction (glee?) at this act of domestic terrorism. I wonder if you feel the same way when a Jewish cemetery is vandalized? 'Just stones though.' How deplorable.

'Guidestone Paranoia' fits in neatly with Qanon garbage. You're also a Climate Change Denier AND a Birther? Color me shocked, then. You've played your hand here, chief.
Putting aside your demonstratively false and vicious allegations against me and the Washington Examiner, why can't you condemned the left-wing fire bombings on police stations and pro-life groups? :confusedsmiley:
billd89

Re: Georgia Bombing

Post by billd89 »

Georgia Guidestones. That's the topic, correct? Let Justice come swiftly!

Nothing I've said is "false" or "vicious" either.

It was all in good fun ... until the terrorist Trumpanzees arrived. Link
It was easy to be mesmerized, so when I found what I thought was some sort of secret mark at the base of the stones I felt myself sliding right into the pages of a Dan Brown novel. Then I found out the symbol was for the Elberton Granite Association, and I leaned back toward publicity stunt.

How do you respond to a monumental gimmick? Quick, grab a pitchfork ... "Satan's Throne! Blow it up!!!"