R. Gmirkin on K. Schmidt as "utterly oblivious"

Discussion about the Hebrew Bible, Septuagint, pseudepigrapha, Philo, Josephus, Talmud, Dead Sea Scrolls, archaeology, etc.
StephenGoranson

R. Gmirkin on K. Schmidt as "utterly oblivious"

Post by StephenGoranson »

R. Gmirkin wote, in part, Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:46 am:

"I am a fan of Konrad Schmid, but he is utterly oblivious to any twenty-first century developments on the Hellenistic Era creation of the Hebrew Bible, and my books in particular. The idea that you can cite Schmid, who had never read any of my books, in order to refute my research, is absurd in the extreme."

Have you told him this?
Or should someone inform him of your opinion?
StephenGoranson

Re: R. Gmirkin on K. Schmidt as "utterly oblivious"

Post by StephenGoranson »

Schmid not Schmidt. My misspelling.
Russell Gmirkin

Re: R. Gmirkin on K. Schmidt as "utterly oblivious"

Post by Russell Gmirkin »

StephenGoranson wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:14 pm R. Gmirkin wote, in part, Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:46 am:

"I am a fan of Konrad Schmid, but he is utterly oblivious to any twenty-first century developments on the Hellenistic Era creation of the Hebrew Bible, and my books in particular. The idea that you can cite Schmid, who had never read any of my books, in order to refute my research, is absurd in the extreme."

Have you told him this?
Or should someone inform him of your opinion?
That I'm a fan or his? Or that his reading in this area omits anything after 1993?

Yes, I've told him both, on a couple occasions. What do you care? What possible business is it of yours?