Babylonian stuff (via Berossus)--oops, not Babylonian, but Plato?

Discussion about the Hebrew Bible, Septuagint, pseudepigrapha, Philo, Josephus, Talmud, Dead Sea Scrolls, archaeology, etc.
Russell Gmirkin

Re: Babylonian stuff (via Berossus)--oops, not Babylonian, but Plato?

Post by Russell Gmirkin »

rgprice wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:22 pm I assume that what this is about is the fact that Gmirkin's first book on this subject proposed that Genesis 1-11 was heavily based on Berossus, but that his most recent book proposes that Gen 1-11 is heavily influenced by Timaeus and Critias.

I understand the implication here, but it would have been nice to spell this out more completely, especially for readers who may not be following all of these other discussions.
I think insinuation might be a better word here than implication, since once upon a time SG read my 2006 Berossus and Genesis but obviously not my 2022 Plato's Timaeus, where I spell out the use of both Plato and Berossus in the Primordial History. SG is hoping that my 2022 book supersedes and corrects rather than complements my 2006 book, indicating flaws in the latter, as indicated by his passive aggressive thread title. No such dice. An apology would be in order for taking no effort to accurately describe my research (which would require actual reading), but I'm not holding my breath. Anyway, participants on this list know to take SG with a grain of salt.