parallel passages in NEH-EZRA-1ESD-2CHR

Discussion about the Hebrew Bible, Septuagint, pseudepigrapha, Philo, Josephus, Talmud, Dead Sea Scrolls, archaeology, etc.
DCHindley

parallel passages in NEH-EZRA-1ESD-2CHR

Post by DCHindley »

I was posting to reddit and mentioned the parallel comparison of the English translations of MT Ezra-Nehemiah & 2 Chron & their Old Greek translations as well as the two Greek translations of 1 & 2 Esdras. These all seem to have shared some common sources, as the direction of influence is very hard to distinguish. Unfortunately, it seems that thye website that had been hosting them (www.textexcavation.com) seems to have gone dormant. There is a GoDaddy notice that this website has been "parked" and that the url is or will be available.

I have attached a copy of this file as it was last updated in 2021. It was a MS Word document that I have converted to PDF.
My computer is starting to fail again (damn Dell Inspirons!) so there was one error I noticed, I labeled one column MT 1 Chronicles when it was 2 Chronicles. I could not get Word to save the corrected copy as PDF, so you get what I got.

Enjoy.

DCH
neilgodfrey

Re: parallel passages in NEH-EZRA-1ESD-2CHR

Post by neilgodfrey »

Don't forget the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine: https://web.archive.org/web/20230000000 ... ation.com/