Did Moses Exist? The Myth of the Israelite Lawgiver

Discussion about the Hebrew Bible, Septuagint, pseudepigrapha, Philo, Josephus, Talmud, Dead Sea Scrolls, archaeology, etc.
Maximos

Re: Did Moses Exist? The Myth of the Israelite Lawgiver

Post by Maximos »

LOL, you merely prove that you have absolutely nothing to offer here.

I don't see anybody twisting your arm forcing you to post here about subjects that you obviously know nothing about.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

- Abraham Lincoln
stephan happy huller

Post by stephan happy huller »

What can one offer when this book hasn't even published yet. I offered an argument for the idea that Moses was a historical figure. Your response was that she has responded to my line of reasoning but you don't know what her argument is exactly. So it's you that haven't proven your case. I say Manetho makes the idea that 'Moses' goes back to a historical figure likely. You have nothing to say other than to promote your own book.
Everyone loves the happy times
Maximos

Post by Maximos »

Wow, what a nasty despicable person you are ... there are threads here discussing books not yet published like the Maurice Casey and Carrier books for example. You just seem to have some stick up your ass or Tourette's syndrome.

You have already lost all credibility discussing anything by Acharya as you've already admitted you've never read a single book of hers and everything else I've seen from you is based on lies, smears and intellectual dishonesty. Do us all a favor and stay in your own threads rather than troll up everybody else's.
stephan happy huller

Wow, what a nasty despicable person you are
But I thought this was a discussion about whether Moses existed or not. I've presented some evidence for why we should think there was a historical Moses. You haven't responded to that. All you've done is call me names. What are you here to do - promote your book or discuss whether or not Moses existed? I've presented evidence. Please respond.
You have already lost all credibility discussing anything by Acharya as you've already admitted you've never read a single book of hers
This is insane. You won't respond to my response in this thread because I have not read this lady's books. But this isn't a thread about a published book. Maybe this is how you guys do things at your discussion forum (i.e. sell product, sell product, sell product). But this isn't the way things are done here. Why is at always about selling books with you? There is no book to buy here. Unless the real purpose of the thread was again just a shake down for money for another book ...
Maximos

Post by Maximos »

Ok, I see where all your anger and hate comes from now going off about book sales:

The Real Messiah: The Throne of St. Mark and the True Origins of Christianity
http://www.amazon.com/Real-Messiah-Thro ... 1906787123

Your own book ranks just under 1.4 million on Amazon right and there are more 1 star reviews than anything else so, it looks like not very many believe a word you say, Huller.

I'm seeing reviews titled "Useless," "Huller failed to join the dots," "Do I have to give it a Star?" and "Delusional nonsense. This book never should have been written."
"Filled with wild leaps of logic to justify a preconceived notion, this book has little concrete evidence after all is said and done."
- Joel D. Brinkerhoff
So you believe in a historical Jesus and that's why you get so upset over these topics ... because you're trying to uphold your historical Jesus.

Now, your knee-jerk reactions make more sense. You're jealous and have to go to great lengths to uphold your own position.
stephan happy huller

Yes people didn't like my book and they were right. It could have been better. Had I been coming to a forum like this where people attack bad ideas it would have been a better book. FWIW that book also had effusive praise from Eisenmann and Price. :confusedsmiley:
Tom Skylark

Post by Tom Skylark »

Israel's ancient history proven by Amorite, Elamite, Egyptian and Hittite history.

http://www.raptureforums.com/forum/apol ... story.html
Peter Kirby
Site Admin

Post by Peter Kirby »

Hi, Tom. Welcome to the forum. :)

Maybe you could open a new thread with the material from raptureforums so that we can discuss it here? That could be interesting.
"... almost every critical biblical position was earlier advanced by skeptics." - Raymond Brown
Mental flatliner

Post by Mental flatliner »

Maximos wrote:Here's a new book debunking the existence of Moses and the Exodus:
Since there is evidence in the archaeological record for some of the events in Exodus, and since the timing of the Exodus is verified by the evidence, and since Queen Hatshepsut herself described "the vagabonds" living in Egypt before the 15th century BC, it's an act of academic dysfunction to try to deny that the Exodus happened.

There are a lot of people who try to interpret history based on emotional response.
Never, never, never fall into this trap.

History is data devoid of emotion. You either know what happened or you don't, and if you don't, it's nothing personal.
Maximos

Post by Maximos »

Mental flatliner wrote:
Maximos wrote:Here's a new book debunking the existence of Moses and the Exodus:
Since there is evidence in the archaeological record for some of the events in Exodus, and since the timing of the Exodus is verified by the evidence, and since Queen Hatshepsut herself described "the vagabonds" living in Egypt before the 15th century BC, it's an act of academic dysfunction to try to deny that the Exodus happened.

There are a lot of people who try to interpret history based on emotional response.
Never, never, never fall into this trap.

History is data devoid of emotion. You either know what happened or you don't, and if you don't, it's nothing personal.
I'm reading the book now and she quite thoroughly debunks everything you've brought up.

Did Moses Exist? The Myth of the Israelite Lawgiver