Can you confirm the Jewish view of our elevation in Eden?

Discussion about the Hebrew Bible, Septuagint, pseudepigrapha, Philo, Josephus, Talmud, Dead Sea Scrolls, archaeology, etc.
beowulf

Re: Can you confirm the Jewish view of our elevation in Eden

Post by beowulf »

Gnostic Bishop,

You make so much out of so little!. You have such a perverted religious mind.!
Let's play your odd game:

Evil is the one wanting to be like god. The one who claims to represent god on this earth and to have a god-like power : what you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.

All professional religious people in charge of religious organizations make similar claims. They assert to have the god-like power to decide who deserves to be punished in life and in death and the power to reward the obedient one with happiness in life and in death.
semiopen

Post by semiopen »

Gnostic Bishop wrote:Thanks for the psychobabble. Not my game as it is mostly B S.

If you want to stick to the issue then explain what is wrong with man reaching out for the knowledge of almost everything and opening his eyes?

Seems you think we should have stayed in ignorant bliss and too stupid to even reproduce.

What is wrong with becoming as Gods in the knowing of good and evil?

Regards
DL
I don't really care what your crazy views are. You make the same argument as the serpent, then you have the unmitigated gall to call this The Jewish View.

If one searches for Judaism elevation in Eden we only get links to the other threads you have started.

If you want to take such an outrageous position, fine; but this is not The Jewish View.

One way or another there is something wrong with you.
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

beowulf wrote:Gnostic Bishop,

You make so much out of so little!. You have such a perverted religious mind.!
Let's play your odd game:

Evil is the one wanting to be like god. The one who claims to represent god on this earth and to have a god-like power : what you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.

All professional religious people in charge of religious organizations make similar claims. They assert to have the god-like power to decide who deserves to be punished in life and in death and the power to reward the obedient one with happiness in life and in death.
Indeed. Rather presumptuous.

"Evil is the one wanting to be like god."

Rather a strange view in light of this scripture.

Matthew 5:48
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Regards
DL
beowulf

Post by beowulf »

Matthew 5:48
So, Christians also want Adam and Eve to be like god.
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

beowulf wrote:Matthew 5:48
So, Christians also want Adam and Eve to be like god.
Not usually as they believe the fall scenario created by Christianity.

Their focus is on disobedience (of a really stupid command), and not on the enlightenment that comes with the knowledge of good and evil.

Regards
DL
beowulf

Post by beowulf »

The game is over. The New Testament is what counts .

If you are bored , why don't you wank off instead of soiling yourself in here?
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

Sure. A plagiarized book of myths is really what counts. To fools.

Regards
DL
Mental flatliner

Post by Mental flatliner »

Gnostic Bishop wrote:Can you confirm the Jewish view of our elevation in Eden?

http://www.mrrena.com/misc/judaism2.php

I have been looking for confirmation of the Jewish view of Eden as our elevation as compared to the fall that Christianity wrote into Eden.

Can any here add to this issue and speculate as to why Christianity reversed what would have been a win win situation to a lose lose one?

Regards
DL
I think you're looking in the wrong places for an answer.

"Eden" was the name of a land located in Southern Iraq in the early Bronze Age (it is mentioned over 200 times in Sumerian clay tablets).

The story in Genesis 2-3, as well as all others in the first 11 chapters, are Sumerian in origin, not Jewish, and so for interpretation, you have to look to Sumerian sources. (The Sumerian version of Genesis 2-3 is the myth "Enki and Ninhursanga", and the eating of the forbidden fruit--poisoned fruit in Sumerian--was in fact both the fall of mankind and the origin of mankind. The goddess created to heal Enki of his hurting rib was "Ninti"; her name means both "lady of the rib" and "mother of mankind" in Sumerian. Read Samuel Kramer on this interpretation.)
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

Mental flatliner wrote:
Gnostic Bishop wrote:Can you confirm the Jewish view of our elevation in Eden?

http://www.mrrena.com/misc/judaism2.php

I have been looking for confirmation of the Jewish view of Eden as our elevation as compared to the fall that Christianity wrote into Eden.

Can any here add to this issue and speculate as to why Christianity reversed what would have been a win win situation to a lose lose one?

Regards
DL
I think you're looking in the wrong places for an answer.

"Eden" was the name of a land located in Southern Iraq in the early Bronze Age (it is mentioned over 200 times in Sumerian clay tablets).

The story in Genesis 2-3, as well as all others in the first 11 chapters, are Sumerian in origin, not Jewish, and so for interpretation, you have to look to Sumerian sources. (The Sumerian version of Genesis 2-3 is the myth "Enki and Ninhursanga", and the eating of the forbidden fruit--poisoned fruit in Sumerian--was in fact both the fall of mankind and the origin of mankind. The goddess created to heal Enki of his hurting rib was "Ninti"; her name means both "lady of the rib" and "mother of mankind" in Sumerian. Read Samuel Kramer on this interpretation.)
I am aware that it all stems from Egypt and Sumer.

I am still looking for the early Jewish interpretations and not the interpretation of the Sumerians.

Regards
DL
beowulf

Post by beowulf »

To Gnostic Bishop,

Please, accept my apologies for the rudeness of my previous post .