Questions about that Anne Frank Betrayal Story

Discussion about the Hebrew Bible, Septuagint, pseudepigrapha, Philo, Josephus, Talmud, Dead Sea Scrolls, archaeology, etc.
billd89

Re: Anne Frank Story

Post by billd89 »

I would think this goes in "Other Texts and History." But anyway, it's always interesting to note how reactionary 'Cancel Culture' is inhibiting modern scholarship and publishing w/ regards to recent historical events.

Anna Frank is equivalent to Mother Teresa, a topical third-rail.

My own project (recognizing and crediting several Jewish scholars; a Jewish thesis) will upend an 'accepted history' and upset some gentiles. I've been warned I may face an antisemitic backlash, even violence. The kindly support of descendants and the enthusiasm of some excellent Jewish professors notwithstanding, I'm really not looking forward to the haters' wrath.
Secret Alias

Re: Questions about that Anne Frank Betrayal Story

Post by Secret Alias »

How did the death of Anne Frank lead to a discussion of your theory? Just curious.
billd89

Re: Questions, Implications

Post by billd89 »

A publisher has suspended printing of a book for a pointed thesis, saying "there were questions about the research behind it". Public scandal, anticipated. So "we question that research..."

Rosemary Sullivan is a serious scholar, professor emeritus at the University of Toronto, has written five other critically-acclaimed biographies. Why is this new book being censored?

My project, similar predicament & sensitivities. If you present a 'controversial' theory that ppl really don't like, in 2022, nevermind the facts - be prepared for a social media firestorm and maybe even death threats.

In related news right now, Elon Musk (and his superfans moreso) is attacking an AP journalist who reported the Tesla recall. Same shit, different program. It's pathetic that 'reporting the facts' has become "questionable research" (that's what calling T. Krisher a "lobbyist" means) in the game of Fake News, but here we are.
https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/technolo ... eslas.html
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

Am I to assume that you think that your theory will garner as much attention as Anne Frank news?
billd89

Re: Questions

Post by billd89 »

Not at all. But I have been warned by a few ppl that I may face an antisemitic backlash for challenging popular (mis)conceptions.

As far as I can tell (cursory reading), Prof. Rosemary Sullivan did nothing wrong. It appears she did all the necessary due diligence. Do you think it's right that her book is censored? Should she be harassed for reporting an inconvenient truth? What is your point?

Link:
Yet despite the story being so familiar, there is one detail that remains a mystery. Who tipped off the authorities that there were people hiding at the back of Prinsengracht 263?

That was the question Canadian author Rosemary Sullivan set out to answer in her account of the recent attempt by Dutch film-maker Thijs Bayens and journalist Pieter van Twisk to find this final puzzle piece. Using the methodology and tropes of a police procedural, Bayens and van Twisk assembled what they insist on calling a “cold case team”, headed by recently retired FBI agent Vince Pankoke. Among his 30 staff, Pankoke had criminologists, psychologists, archivists, forensic scientists and a much vaunted artificial intelligence whizz who built a database that stores thousands of data points – addresses, biographies, political affiliations – in ways designed to throw up new suspects. Since publication, the results of their work have been disputed, and the Dutch publisher, Ambo Anthos, has suspended a further print run pending investigation. A member of the team, meanwhile, defended the research, arguing it was “appropriately caveated”.

Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

Aside from using the murder of a young girl as a shoehorn to gain interest in your theories it is hard to see what there would be to complain about with respect to your methodology ...
billd89

Your Misunderstanding

Post by billd89 »

That CNN article isn't about the Holocaust or Anne Frank's death. It's about an historical investigation that reached and exposed an inconvenient truth, 80 yrs later. Feathers were ruffled!

Calls for censorship and white-washing ensued:
https://stljewishlight.org/jewish-histo ... nne-frank/

You still haven't justified the de facto censorship.