Note: Denarius Converter program

Formal debates, Q&A topics, or brief notes only.
andrewcriddle

Re: Jesus and the Denarius story

Post by andrewcriddle »

spin wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:35 am
DCHindley wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:28 am Oops! I blame old age ...
Not old age, Dave. Just think of Bertie Russell or Noam Chomsky. It's pure senility...

...like when Windows crashes on me then I restart & Windows hits me with a  r o u n d   of goddamnmuthrforking   u p d a t e s, so I totally forget whatever it was I was doing when the disaster struck.

My posting here was a drive-by. I don't think I could face going around in circles any more, covering the same ground, coping with the obnoxious, getting nowhere because there is no sign or hope of co-operation or development. I can't see a nexus of experience coming together to pass on an evolving tradition of an alternative scholarly approach to biblical studies. No fostering of skills for that purpose. "I may be totally wrong, but I'm a dancing fool." Ed: I do note a few interesting new voices here.

I merely came looking for some data I may have posted here that I need, but didn't find.

Hello, my name's spin. I'm an ex-forum junkie. Beside Reddit I haven't touched a forum in several years.
Hi Spin

have you tried the archives https://bcharchive.org/ ?

Andrew Criddle
DCHindley

Post by DCHindley »

Not old age, Dave. Just think of Bertie Russell or Noam Chomsky. It's pure senility...

...like when Windows crashes on me then I restart & Windows hits me with a  r o u n d   of goddamnmuthrforking   u p d a t e s, so I totally forget whatever it was I was doing when the disaster struck.

My posting here was a drive-by. I don't think I could face going around in circles any more, covering the same ground, coping with the obnoxious, getting nowhere because there is no sign or hope of co-operation or development. I can't see a nexus of experience coming together to pass on an evolving tradition of an alternative scholarly approach to biblical studies. No fostering of skills for that purpose. "I may be totally wrong, but I'm a dancing fool." Ed: I do note a few interesting new voices here.

I merely came looking for some data I may have posted here that I need, but didn't find.

Hello, my name's spin. I'm an ex-forum junkie. Beside Reddit I haven't touched a forum in several years.
Yes, that sums up nicely the SOP on this board. Now it is worse than ever.

The "Christianity" we knew in the past I doubt can ever recover from what has been done to it by recent history. Alvin Toffler is probably doing a jig in his grave, his theory of "future shock" (desperate defensive wagon circling occasioned by sheer information overload) being vindicated.

Keep well. DCH.
spin

Post by spin »

andrewcriddle wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:59 am
spin wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:35 amI merely came looking for some data I may have posted here that I need, but didn't find.
have you tried the archives https://bcharchive.org/ ?
Yo Andrew!

Thanks for the suggestion. I was looking for stuff that could have been on any one of three fora, so I couldn't be sure of the location. But I'll keep it in mind.
spin

Post by spin »

DCHindley wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:28 pmNow [the state of the forum?] is worse than ever.

The "Christianity" we knew in the past I doubt can ever recover from what has been done to it by recent history. Alvin Toffler is probably doing a jig in his grave, his theory of "future shock" (desperate defensive wagon circling occasioned by sheer information overload) being vindicated.
What isn't described by Gramsci's idea of cultural hegemony (privilege and why our lot doesn't really improve) gets filled in by a flotilla of cognitive biases (why we make poor choices through self-imposed filters: or, why heuristics is such a bitch).

Ed: There was something else I was going to
Keep well. DCH.
:cheers: :wave: :cheers:
Jax

Post by Jax »

Hi spin, sorry you wont hang around as I for one have always enjoyed your posts. I can understand your attitude and frustration though. It does get old after a while.