- Always re-read your own posts before submitting them.
- Posts here should conform to the norms of academic discussion: respectful and with a tight focus on the subject matter.
- While scholarly debate, including disagreement, is encouraged as a goal of this forum, attacks upon the character, intelligence, or faith of those participating are not acceptable. Criticism must focus upon the arguments of others; it may not be directed to the individual.
- The topic of discussion should concern history, archaeology, related disciplines, and the interpretation of relevant texts.
- Everything that applies to the rest of the board still applies here.
If posts from a poster often need to be moved, that poster may lose permissions to post in Academic Discussion indefinitely.
Notwithstanding all of the above, this forum is meant to be easy to use. And it will be for those who are looking for a polite, rational discussion and who are ready to bring the same to the table. When it is possible, try to give others the benefit of the doubt here that they are attempting to uphold the expectations of the forum, just as you try your best to adhere to the same standards.